If you do not have much experience with sloth cars or you only had a few years of experience in your earlier years. Then it might be confusing on what to buy to get started. In the article, I will show you an overview of the slot cars so that you can choose these car set which is right for you.
- So, there are two kinds of sloth cars, one is the analog cars, and other is the new digital ones. The analog cars are also known as traditional cars are the ones you might have used in your younger days. This was when it was one car per sloth, and the car should stay in the sloth for the whole race.
- The digital sets are in another dimension where they are added to the racing action. In the digital cars, you can have more than one car per slots and even change your lanes or make passing moves and also blocking moves. You can even program in pit stops, yellow flags, and ghost cars. Digital cars are more like the real motorsport. There are even sets whereby you can race eight cars at the same time while on a two-lane slot car set. Digital cars sets are more expensive than an analog car set. Digital cars can work on analog sets, but analog cars cannot work on digital sets without using a digital plug upgrade.
- The sloth cars also come in different sizes. The smallest size is known as H0 or 1:64 scale. There were really made for inclusion with a model railway, but at present, they are very fast and also have a fantastic track layout. The bigger size is the 1:43 scale, and it is designed for young racers with many features installed to it and character cars.
- Car of different scales does not work well on the tracks of different scales as they are designed and programmed to work only on the same track.
- The slot cars of the same size scale produced by different manufacturers can compete on the same scale track. However, tracks of the same scale of these different manufacturers only work by using an adapter track piece which should be bought separately.
- There are many manufacturers of slot cars. The most popular manufacturers are Carrera, Scalextric, AFX, Life Like, SCX, and Revell. Sets of these manufacturers are available at large department stores, Hobby stores and even from online platforms such as Amazon and eBay.
- One of the parts where sloth car racing can be difficult to someone new to this hobby is that the sloth cars will get off the tracks if they are driven faster around the curves or driven slowly through the obstacles given. This is something most racers take control of easily.